Do you go for a run with a tune? Running with music is pleasant and gives you an extra boost during your training. There are a lot of playlists with running music on Spotify, but do you know the best ones?
Running with music is fun, but it also has positive effects on your running training. Music is motivating and distracts you if you have a bit more trouble during your session. Some scientists even claim that music increases your stamina.
Running according to the number of steps per minute
Do you sometimes have the feeling that you start your running training too quickly and therefore end slowly? Music can support your running rhythm, making you run at a more regular pace. Choose a playlist with the same beats per minute (BPM). To determine how much BPM is right for you, there is a simple trick: count the number of steps you take during one minute of running. Make sure you don’t take too big steps: smaller steps are better. Choose the playlist according to your number of steps per minute and you’re good to go!
By the way, did you know that cadence running helps prevent injuries? Music with a higher BPM ensures that your walking pace increases, so that you will take more and therefore smaller steps. Shorter steps are less stressful for the knee, meaning possible injuries can be avoided.
In the app we have some nice Spotify Playlists ready for you. Choose the right playlist according to your number of steps per minute.
- Start 2 Run 100 BPM (walking) A mellow playlist that supports you while walking. While walking you take an average of about 100 steps per minute.
- Start 2 Run 120 BPM (jogging) An ideal playlist for your warm-up, cool-down or while jogging.
- Start 2 Run 140 BPM (running) Select this playlist if you take about 140 steps per minute while running.
- Start 2 Run 160 BPM (running) Select this playlist if you take about 160 steps per minute while running.
- Start 2 Run 180 BPM (running) Select this playlist if you take about 180 steps per minute while running.
Apart from strides per minute, we have some more fun Spotify playlists in the app:
- Start 2 Run Classical Fully relax and run with classical music.
- Start 2 Run Laura Tessoro’s Running Playlist Laura Tessoro picked her favorite running songs for you.
- Feel Good Mood (Happy Music) A list filled with happy songs so you feel even better while running.
Running with music is fun and efficient, but don’t forget that you’re still part of the traffic. Therefore, don’t turn your music too loud or don’t run with both ears covered. This way you can still anticipate traffic and your surroundings.
Have fun running and listening!