That’s why we’re giving you this summary that you can read in less than two minutes. It provides you with the necessary information and informs you in no time all about the way in which we process your personal data at Energy Lab.
What should you know? Firstly, we live according to our mantra: you remain the owner of your personal data at all times.
What information do we collect about you?
- By creating an account for our webshop, we obtain various personal data that are necessary to create and maintain your account.
- When you use one of our services, we will use your personal data to provide you with these services and/or products. This will often be done through your account.
- If you purchase products or a specific service via our webshop, we will collect some personal data, such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number, address, date of birth and information regarding your payments, such as transaction numbers, in order to be able to provide you with these services and/or products.
- If you purchase certain products or services from one of our partners via the webshop, we will share your personal data with our partner in order to enable him to provide you with the products and/or services you purchased, or to arrange for the enrolment or registration.
- If you contact us via e-mail, telephone, social media, or in any other way, we will store your written communication with our services.
Why do we collect this information?
- To ensure that you can make the best possible use of our webshop services.
- For the delivery of our services and/or products.
- In order to provide you with a personalised experience with recommendations that match your profile when you visit our webshop.
- For scientific research, statistical purposes and to improve our services.
Who has access to your data?
- Your personal data will only be used within Energy Lab. Your personal data will never be sold or made available to other parties, unless you have purchased services and/or products from one of our partners via the webshop. In that case, we will share the personal data that is necessary to enable the partner to provide you with the purchased goods and/or services.
- Only specific members of our reliable team have access to the information you give us.
- We also use various suppliers and service providers, such as payment and web hosting services. These parties are legally obliged to ensure your privacy at all times. They may only process the data in accordance with our purposes.
- Only anonymised data – which means that you cannot be identified in any way whatsoever – can be made available to other parties outside of Energy Lab, unless you have given your permission or consent to share your personal data with them, for example if our partners deliver the products you purchased to your home.
What can you control?
- You can also at any time request a copy of all the information that we have collected about you by sending an e-mail to the same address.
How do we protect your personal data?
- We have taken all kinds of security measures on a technical and organisational level.
- Your data is stored on a secure server.
- We have implemented internal procedures to ensure the confidentiality of our IT infrastructure and to ensure that it is managed in a responsible manner.
- Energy NV, a company governed by Belgian law, with registered office at 3583 Paal-Beringen, Schoebroekstraat 8 and registered in the Central Database for Enterprises under number 0872.287.544 (hereinafter referred to as “Energy Lab” or “we”).
processes personal data in the context of the webshop (hereinafter referred to as “START 2 RUN”).
Data Controller – Energy Lab is responsible for processing the personal data that you have provided to the webshop.
2. What personal data do we collect?
We can collect personal data that is provided by you or by third parties, insofar as this is necessary or useful for the functioning of the webshop or for the sale of our products/services. This type of information may consist of:
|Activity||Personal data||Legal basis||Context|
|Visit to the START 2 RUN webshop||• IP address|
• Cookies (WooCommerce, WPML, Automattic, Google Analytics, WordPress, Google Fonts, Facebook, Miscellaneous)
• Connection times
• Internet pages such as Facebook
• Usage data
• Language preference
• Account details
• Legitimate interests for strictly necessary cookies
|Filling in the contact form||• Name|
• Other personal data that you spontaneously share with us
• Necessary for the follow-up of your request
|If you contact us through the contact form, we collect the information you have provided to us.|
|Purchasing products and/or services from the START 2 RUN webshop||• First name|
• Last name
• Company name (optional)
• E-mail address
• Telephone number
• Invoicing address
• Delivery address
• IP address
• Products/services you have purchased
• Information about payments, payment method, payment status, the last digits of the card used for payment, time of payment
|• Contractual necessity||If you purchase a product and/or a service via the START 2 RUN webshop, we necessarily collect and process some personal data in order to be able to carry out the order.|
|Sharing your data with one of our partners, if you purchase certain products and/or services from one of our partners via the START 2 RUN webshop||• Identification data|
• Postal address
• Mobile phone number
• Payment method
• Purchased or ordered products and/or services
|• Contractual necessity|
• And, if necessary: explicit consent
|The improvement of our products, website and/or one of our services, or for a legitimate secondary purpose||The personal data you have provided us with||Legitimate interests||We can make use of the data you have provided us with in order to improve our webshop products and services. We will at all times use this personal data in a GDPR-compliant form, however, using the most modern and patented software and solutions.|
You are not obliged to provide us with your personal data, but it is possible that the implementation of several services will not be possible if you choose not to provide your personal data.
Your personal data will be used for direct marketing purposes if you have given your explicit prior consent to do so (“opt-in”).
We may use your personal data to send you marketing material in the form of a newsletter, as well as other material related to Energy Lab, but, of course, also more specifically with regard to START 2 RUN and its products and/or services.
Your email address can be removed from our direct mailing list free of charge at any time, without giving any reason, by clicking the unsubscribe button that you can find at the bottom of each promotional email.
3. Why do we process personal data?
We collect and process your personal data in order to provide you with a secure, comfortable and personal experience every time you visit the START 2 RUN webshop.
The information we collect about you is mainly processed to help us ensure the proper technical operation and to improve the quality and content of the START 2 RUN webshop, as well as the products and/or services, on the basis of the legal purposes of “consent” for the website, and the “legal obligations” and “contractual necessity” for the delivery of services or products, as permitted under the GDPR.
Your personal data is thereby exclusively used for the following (internal) purposes:
|Filling in the contact form||We collect this personal data in order to respond to your question, request or comment, or to help you with the START 2 RUN webshop and/or one of our services or products, if you ask for this.|
|Purchasing products and/or services from the START 2 RUN webshop||We process the personal data regarding your purchases of products and/or services on the START 2 RUN webshop in order to enable us to carry out the contract. Our aim in this context is that you receive the products and/or services in good order.|
|Sharing your data with one of our partners, if you purchase certain products or services from one of our partners via the START 2 RUN webshop.||We exchange your data with the partner whose products and/or services you have purchased.|
|The improvement of our products, webshop and/or one of our services; or for a legitimate secondary purpose||In order to continuously improve our START 2 RUN webshop, services and/or products, we will use your personal data in a GDPR-compliant manner by making use of anonymisation and patented solutions and software. This also applies with regard to legitimate secondary purposes.|
4. How (long) do we process personal data?
|Filling in the contact form||We will retain the data for 2 years after your initial request.|
|Purchasing products and/or services from the START 2 RUN webshop||No longer than 2 years after the termination of the professional relationship.|
|Sharing your data with one of our partners, if you purchase certain products or services from one of our partners via the START 2 RUN webshop.||No longer than 2 years after the termination of the professional relationship.|
|The improvement of our products, webshop and/or one of our services; or for a legitimate secondary purpose||No longer than 7 years|
5. With whom do we share personal data?
6. Transfer of personal data outside the EEA
Insofar as personal data is stored outside the European Union, we use contractual or other measures to ensure that they are stored under suitable protective measures, comparable to the level of protection they would benefit from in the European Union.
8. Exercising your rights
The right to access and the right to obtain a copy
You have the right to freely access your personal data at any time, and to be informed about our purpose for processing your personal data.
The right of correction, deletion or restriction
You have a choice when it comes to sharing personal data with us. You always have the right to ask us to modify your personal data. You can also request to limit the processing of your personal data if you believe that your personal data is incorrect, and you subsequently inform us accordingly.
In addition, you have the right to ask us to delete your personal data insofar as we have been unable to anonymise it. You further acknowledge that a refusal to share personal data or a request to delete your personal data will make the delivery of various services or the purchase of products impossible.
The right to object
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data if you have serious and justified reasons for doing so. You also have the right to object to the use of your personal data for direct marketing. No specific justification is requested in this case.
The right to the transferability of data
You have the right to receive the personal data that we process about you in a structured, commonly used format, and/or to have this personal data transferred to another data controller.
The right to withdraw consent
If the processing is based on prior consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent.
Automated decisions and profiling
You have the right to request us not to be subject to a decision that is exclusively based on automated processing, including profiling, that has legal consequences for you or that significantly affects you in a similar way.
Exercising your rights
You can exercise your rights by contacting us, with a copy of the front of your identity card as an attachment, either via email to email@example.com or by mail to the following address:
Right to submit a complaint
You have the right to submit a complaint to the Belgian Data Protection Authority:
Data Protection Authority
Tel. +32 (0)2 274 48 00,
Fax +32 (0)2 274 48 35,
This is without prejudice to proceedings before a civil court.
If you have suffered damage as a result of the processing of your personal data, you can submit a claim for damages.
9. How do we secure your personal data?
We attach great importance to the security, integrity and confidentiality of personal data. To the best of our ability, we implement adequate security measures that have been designed in accordance with the latest state of the technology to protect this personal data from unauthorised access, disclosure, use and modifications. Specifically, we make use of secured connections whenever users provide personal data via Energy Lab.
10. Choice of law and jurisdiction
or to firstname.lastname@example.org